Welcome to the SCCHGS Website
General Meetings and Free Seminars
Our evening general meetings are on the Third Tuesday of the month in the Margie Edinger Room at the Santa Clara City Public Library located at 2635 Homestead Road, Santa Clara, 95951. For directions please see the map.
Please help brighten up our general meetings by providing your suggestions for Speakers or Topics that you would like to see in the future. Please provide a brief description of the topic, the Speaker’s name, their e-mail address, mailing address or Telephone number (if known). Send suggestions to Program Chair.
Class: “Getting Organized” Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 1:00-4:00 pm, Redwood Room. The presentation is free and open to all. Registration is required. Learn the basics of starting your genealogy research. What is documentation? This class will explain what a “source” is and how to document it. We will also explore the organization of your genealogy materials. View how seasoned genealogists organize their materials. We will also review some of the different genealogy reports to help you analyze your findings. Looking for a genealogy program for your computer? You will learn what to look for when choosing a computer program.
General Meeting: “Researching American Military Records from Colonial Days to World War II”, presented by Mary Boyle Tuesday, May 16, 6:45 pm - 8:45 pm in the Redwood Room of the Central Park Library. The presentation is free and open to all. Light refreshments will be served.
Note the early start time
6:45 pm - Celebrate the Society’s 60th Anniversary & Election of officers
7:15 pm - Presentation
Local History/Genealogy Librarian Mary Boyle will lead the audience on a tour of resources for finding information on their ancestors’ military service. Colonial conflicts, the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the U.S. Civil War and World Wars will be touched on. Learn some new ways of finding the information using tips from the New England Historic and Genealogical Society’s online training course, “For those Who Served,” which Mary took recently.
Mary’s ancestors came from Ireland, Germany, and England. She has verified service of direct line ancestors in the Revolutionary War, the Civil War and World War II. Flyer.
Help SCCHGS Earn Money Through YOUR Shopping
- Earn for our Society as you shop at Luckys and Food Maxx
- Sign up at escrip.com/shares
- Provide your name, email and phone number
- Select Santa Clara County Hist-Genea Society
- Or send this info to earn @ scchgs . com
- At the store checkout
- Before payment – Provide your registered phone number
- If you are a Save Smart or Lucky You rewards shopper, when you register your phone number (or 10-digit loyalty ID you use at checkout), or rewards card number (the number on the back of your Save Smart or Lucky You rewards card), we will automatically link your Rewards and eScript accounts. That way you won’t have to choose between shopping for rewards or contributing to eScrip. By linking these accounts, you can earn rewards for both!
Where are we located?
The society is located at the City of Santa Clara Central Park Library in the Heritage Pavilion.
We have a large collection of genealogy resources along with a great historical collection available for the public’s use.
There are volunteer consultants available to introduce patrons to the collection and assist them with their research problems. Check this calendar for consultant availability.