The Santa Clara County Historical and Genealogical Society SCCHGS) was formed 29 May 1957 as a nonprofit educational organization to:
- promote the study of history and genealogy
- collect documents and manuscripts
- record and preserve family histories
- provide research method instruction
- encourage compilation and publication
- assist other groups with common goals
- support and maintain the genealogical collection in the Santa Clara City Public Library
LOCATION & HOURSWe are located in the Santa Clara Central Park Library, and our collection is available all hours that the library is open. See the Library web site here for location, directions, and hours.
For research help, please use our on-line research form.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For questions about the Society you can email us directly at one of the addresses below.
Or you can reach us via postal mail:
c/o Central Park Library
2635 Homestead Road
Santa Clara CA, 95051
Or phone us and leave your name and message at (408) 615-2986.