Pioneers Certificate of Recognition
The Santa Clara County Historical and Genealogical Society offers a Certificate of Recognition to be presented to descendants of original and/or early settlers of Santa Clara County.
Objectives of this program are as follows:
- To identify and honor the memory of the original and/or early settlers of Santa Clara County
- To acknowledge the authenticity of the lineage of their descendants
- To enrich the historical records of Santa Clara County available at the Santa Clara Central Library.
Eligibility: Any descendant of original and/or early settlers of Santa Clara County, California.
Categories of Recognition:
- First Family – Ancestor resident in Santa Clara County before 1860.
- Pioneer Family – Ancestor resident in Santa Clara County by 1860 but before 1881.
- Century Family – Ancestor resident in Santa Clara County at least 100 years prior to application date.
Applications should be submitted to the Society using the form available at the Heritage Pavilion or on this website here (pdf).
Applications must be accompanied by copies of appropriate documents supporting the information in the completed Pedigree Charts, which must also be submitted. The application cost is $20 for Society members and $25 for non-members of the Society. This cost is to help defray the cost of verifying the lineage documentation and the cost of the certificate. Questions regarding the program should be sent to the Pioneer Certificates Chair.