SCCHGS volunteers staff the Genealogy Room at the Santa Clara City Library many times during the month. Please refer to the
monthly schedule to see consultant availability [the schedule is updated monthly. However, ONLY the current month is fully accurate]. Consultants are able to help patrons locate information, develop research strategies and utilize the library’s resources. Please stop by and see how we can help in your research.
If you cannot visit the library, a volunteer research team is available to do basic Santa Clara County genealogical research. Fees vary according to the extent of the research. Members of the Santa Clara Historical and Genealogical Society receive discounted research rates.
Please keep in mind that this research is done by volunteers, and our expected response time is 60-90 days, depending on demand and on the availability of volunteers. If you need more research than what can be provided by our volunteers you may want to hire a professional researcher. The Board of Certified Genealogists and The Association of Professional Genealogists has a list of current researchers that specialize in California research.
- Please submit only THREE (3) unique names in your order.
- Fees are PER NAME for each item selected below. Your order will not be processed without payment. The fee(s) are FOR THE SEARCH. If the information is not there, we cannot manufacture it.
- Please provide as much information as possible (e.g., dates of birth, marriage, death, addresses, alternate spellings, nicknames, etc.) for the best results.
- Assume a 60 to 90 day response time - depending on the volunteer's time and availability.
- We greatly prefer online orders. If this is not possible, please fill out this online form, press the CHECKOUT button at the bottom, and then print out the page and mail it along with a check to: SCCGHS - Attention: Research, Santa Clara City Library, 2635 Homestead Rd, Santa Clara, CA 95051-5397. A stamped legal size envelope is appreciated if you do not have an email address.
- Special Projects - researchers are available to take on other special projects. Please contact the Research Team with your questions. Generally, the cost will be $10 per item requested.